What is the Internal Penile Pump™?
The term penile implant, penile prosthesis, inflatable penile prosthesis and internal penile prosthesis pump will be used interchangeably and all refer to the multicomponent inflatable penile prosthesis.
The Internal Penile Prosthesis Pump™ is a soft saline fluid-filled device (the liquid is water and salt) that can expand and contract without losing elasticity. It consists of three small components: very thin penile tubes, the pump, and the reservoir. The reservoir contains fluid, which is transferred by the pump into the tubes, causing the penis to expand and become rigid.
There are over 250,000 men who have the Internal Penile Prosthesis Pump™. As you can see from the photographs, once inserted the Internal Penile Pump™ is invisible and the penis looks normal both in the flaccid and erect positions.
Highlights of the Internal Penile Pump™
- On the market for over 40 years (invented in 1973)
- Extremely reliable (10-15 years)
- Easy to replace
- Fluid filled with sterile saline
- 25,000 penile implants are performed per year around the world
- Over 800,000 implants have been implanted to date
- Highest patient and partner satisfaction (better than Viagra)
- Opportunity for spontaneous sexual activity
- Pump under the skin, totally concealed, eliminates self consciousness (no one needs to know)
- Restores normal function and anatomy
- Preserves sensation and orgasm
- Penis feels and performs naturally, looks fuller, more youthful and totally normal
- Patients and partners praise improved quality of life
- Huge number of urological journal articles dating back to 1973 documenting the reliability, safety, and efficacy of the Internal Internal Penile Pump™
- Covered by most insurance carriers including Medicare and Medicaid
Penile Implant Procedure: The Unrecognized Benefit
There are many benefits to the penile implant/penis pump used for erectile dysfunction. Dr. J. Francois Eid talks about the unrecognized benefit of the penile implant procedure.
Additional Internal Penile Prosthesis Pump™ Benefits
In addition to the remarkably normal and natural look and feel of a penis with the Internal Penile Pump™, prospective patients should also be aware of a number of additional benefits:
- A flaccid or soft penis with an Internal Penile Prosthesis Pump™ will be bigger, wider and longer, than it was before the procedure. This is an added benefit for men who have experienced shrinkage, narrowing, and shortening of the penis following prostate cancer treatment, or men who suffer from Peyronie’s disease or from a chronic lack of adequate blood flow. This gives the resting penis a fuller, more youthful looking shaft.
- Should orgasm and ejaculation occur too quickly, the penile pump maintains the erection until it is no longer desired; in fact, patients report enhanced sexual endurance. Premature ejaculation is no longer an issue. Indeed some men even report having a second orgasm during the same sexual session.
- Use of the Internal Penile Prosthesis Pump™ is much more convenient than other treatments including oral medications, penile self-injection and external vacuum pump. There is nothing to carry with you, nothing to take by mouth or by needle, nothing to forget at home, and it’s ready when you are.
- For many men who have chronic conditions such as prostate or colon cancer, and who require medical monitoring, an Internal Penile Prosthesis Pump™ will solve the erectile dysfunction, and the patient will have one less medical problem to be concerned with. They are cured of their erectile dysfunction.
- An overlooked but the essential major benefit of being cured of ED with a penile prosthesis is that the patient no longer thinks about having ED. You are free! The burden of being shackled by this condition is no longer present on a day to day basis. The benefits far exceed the boundaries of the bedroom.